Sunday, June 20, 2010

I hate to say it, but after the first week in this web 2.0 class, I'm a little irritated by the format of this class. I was very excited about taking this class and getting the opportunity to build my tech repertoire. I thought I was a pretty tech savvy person and on the forefront of utilization of technology in the classroom, however, the random, unconnected assignments has me feeling rather frustrated and like this may not get me the results I wanted. I was hoping to get some real guidance on specific ways to utilize these various technologies for teaching science. I know its only the first week but still, trying to learn about and implement so many things at once with no specificity has me wondering how it will come into play in my classroom. To quote the first chapter from our book, ."...the technology cannot be discussed in isolation—it must be combined
with a description of the teaching strategy. A description of the manner in
which a pedagogical strategy is combined with technology to teach specific content is
crucial." So I guess I'm hoping that at some point, specific ways in which I can these technology tools to better teach my students that content and get them to share and learn from others will be revealed.

3 comments:

  1. I can understand that frustration -- The challenge with the first week is to get you going. Week 2 will start introducing you to some specific technology projects. However, this course is intended to be very self-directed. I want to give you the space to explore the tools that you are interested in and think through how you can use them in your classroom. You are very welcome to use your blog to ask questions of all of us to help move your project(s) forward too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain....but I am trying to take it one step at a time....I would like to figure out how the heck to get back to our page with the sidebar with the other blogs on it. I have to completely out....back to the webpage for our clss to find the sidebar. Do you have any idea how to do it with a little more finesse? :) Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try going to your blog dashboard--top right. If you have subscribed to everyone's blogs you should see updated posts and their blogs listed so that you don't have to go back to the wiki.

    ReplyDelete