Friday, June 25, 2010

Love the Glogster

Very cool little tool. I made my first glog for my equestrian camp that we put on in the summer. Granted our camp was this past week! But I will definitely use it next summer to advertise my equestrian camp. I can see my students l-o-v-i-n-g this! The ability to print is the best part. Great for making school flyers and then they can post to school website. Awesome, awesome, awesome.
Here is a link to my simple little equestrian camp poster... took me about 20 minutes and I was learning on the fly.
http://gspice.glogster.com/AspenRidgeHorseCamp/

2 comments:

  1. I too can see my kids really getting into Glogster. Linking to the literacy aspect, we always focus on reading nonfiction texts and pulling out information whether its from a flier, pamphlet, instruction manual, etc. I love the idea of them creating flyers on glogster and "trading" with a partner. They could take turns reading each others and asking each other questions about their flyer to see how well their partner read it. Or I can display them on our Smartboard and discuss important information, irrelevant info., ask questions, etc. Great tool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the glogster you created. After seeing yours, I made a glogster of all the home improvements we're doing because everyone's been asking for pictures. I agree that students would really like using this tool. The only question I have is one that's already been brought up: having students sign up giving away personal information. But maybe you could just sign up your class and they save items under student and assignment names.

    ReplyDelete