Thursday, July 29, 2010

Desire 2 Learn, Group 3 Discussion

It seems that the majority of the posts in our group's discussion centered on the obstacles that many of us will face in trying to implement all the Web 2.0 tools we've learned. Most of us deal with failing technology basis in some form or another, while others have limited access in terms of numbers of computers or slow connections and so on. The point is, as we try to move forward into a modern classroom, there will always be hurdles that we'll have to deal with. Some of us will only be able to get our feet wet with these tools while others will be able to implement the whole gammut. The point is, we should do whatever is possible given our individual circumstances. The more you can demonstrate the need for the technology, the more support you will garner on the administration level when they see the educational impact and power of the tech tools.
I have been in this since the beginning, at a time where I had to bring a computer from my house just to keep an electronic gradebook. But by the time I left my schoo this year, I had 30 laptops and several desktops available for use right in my own classroom and a slew of other instruments available to implementation of 21st century learning. Upon moving to a new school, I am once again starting the year out with minimal access. So I have my work cut out for me and plan to do all that I can to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment