Friday, July 2, 2010

Voicethread & Jing

So I had the great idea that I would experiment and try to make an instructional how-to voicethread on how to embed a screencast. So I opened voicethread and tried to upload my Jing created screencast image (using an embed code) and couldn't get it to accept the file address. Upon reading the help section and forum on Voicethread I discovered that Voicethread currently does not support Jing files. At least not yet. They apparently will be adding this feature at some future date. As of now, you can only add Jing files if you have the paid version, JingPro. So anyway, here is where you go on the Jing site to learn how to embed Jing files:





4 comments:

  1. I noticed that some of your postings on your blog are probably wider than you'd like them to be. I learned that when you are on your blog your have a tab that allows you to see and edit the html code. When you click on that and scan through the code you'll find two locations where you can change the width and height number of pixels. After you change both of them (say to about 60% of their current width) your added posting will fit without overlapping the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the concise instructions! I copied them and will share with my students. Might be worthwhile to print and laminate and hang by the computers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks mrsfyzix on the tips for editing the width of the postings on the blog! I'll try to use this in the future postings!

    ReplyDelete