Thursday, July 22, 2010

Good Example of How to Use a Blog

So visited some other class blogs and I particularly liked this one called Scattergood Biology hosted by Edublogs. He has a page on there for his students with links to Edblogs help pages for all the how-to's for logging in, posting, how much to write, etc. etc. I particularly like the links he put there for more info about each point he makes. I thought it was a good set of guidelines so I'll probably do something similar for my class blog. I still am fiddling around with which hosting site to use. I've used Wetpaint before for my first wiki and it's okay but they don't have ad-free versions anymore for educators. The other one I've used is Weebly. It's really good and you can get an ad-free educators page. Here's mine that I made for my XC Ski team. The tech guy at my school recommended Edublogs or Wikispaces for Teachers. He said Edublogs was better though.

3 comments:

  1. Love your glasses, and your XC Ski blog! I coached middle school XC ski last year in the team's inaugural year, and have never enjoyed coaching more. It looks like you and your kids have a great time together.

    Thanks for the links and for the reminder to add a picture to my sidebar! My design is boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! We have a blast! Good luck with your middle schoolers this year! We mentored our middle school team once a week. It's great for both the older high school kids and the younger ones to get them together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We finally practiced with our H.S. team toward the end of the year. It will happen a lot more often this year! What a great experience.

    ReplyDelete