Tuesday, July 13, 2010

File Conversions & Video

I love YouTube as a resource for science videos. In the past, I've used Real Player to download any videos I wanted to show in my classes. I didn't realize there were other ways to do this. So I tried KickYouTube to check it out. There were no real clear explanations, instructions, etc. about the site and how it works. As for the file formats, I wasn't sure which to select to download. For example what they are and their best uses or purposes. The website video showing the process of downloading was kinda weird... no real help buttons. Anyway, I tried it and I selected MP4 HD, not really sure what this means though. The video downloaded and then it played with Quicktime. So here are my questions about this site/tool:
1. How does this work? Is this site safe/secure?
2. Is anything else being downloaded to my computer along with the video?
3. What file format should I use?
Thanks for any help/info you can provide.
Oh yeah, it also had an embed code link. So here's the video I downloaded.
Downloads: Views: 125468

No comments:

Post a Comment